jclouds-user mailing list archives

From Udara Liyanage <udaraliyan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to get reference to FloatingIpAPI in Neutron
Date Thu, 11 Sep 2014 06:57:27 GMT
Hi,

Thanks for the help.
In my Openstack setup there are two networks.

When creating the instance I specify both networks so instance get private
ips from both networks.

   1. Set<String> novaNetworksSet = new LinkedHashSet<String>(2);
   2.
   3.         novaNetworksSet.add("uuid_of_network1");
   4.         novaNetworksSet.add("uuid_of_network2");
   5. template.getOptions().as(NovaTemplateOptions.class).networks(
   novaNetworksSet);

Creating floating Ips.

privateIp1 and privateIp2 refers to the two private IPs allocated for the
instance

   1. FloatingIP publicIP1 = FloatingIP.builder().instanceId(instanceId).
   2.                 fixedIp(privateIp1).
   3.                 id("927b976e-0666-4039-9c38-df5b8366cce4").
   4.                 ip("192.168.16.66").
   5.                 instanceId("231c1871-0b54-4af6-afe6-c868b44c2307").
   6.                 build();
   7.
   8.         FloatingIP publicIP2 = FloatingIP.builder().instanceId(
   instanceId).
   9.                 fixedIp(privateIp2).
   10.                 id("2de964d3-1e6b-45fc-b870-55b82cc21ab1").ip(
   "192.168.16.64").
   11.                 instanceId("231c1871-0b54-4af6-afe6-c868b44c2307").
   12.                 build();

The problem is both
floatingIpApi.addToServer(*publicIP1*.getIp(), node.getProviderId()) and
floatingIpApi.addToServer(*publicIP2*.getIp(), node.getProviderId())
associates the floating ip for the same interface.

Still I am unable to allocate the floatingIp to the specified network
interface.