jclouds-user mailing list archives

From Jeremy Daggett <jeremy.dagg...@RACKSPACE.COM>
Subject Re: Jclouds OpenStack Swift
Date Thu, 04 Sep 2014 18:11:53 GMT
Hi Krystian!

It appears that your question is related to configuration of a Swift deployment, and not an
issue with jclouds itself.  I am not sure I follow what you are asking here, so let’s get
a little more information!

Do you have two proxy servers that your client needs to connect through? That would have to
be handled in the logic of your client application. jclouds does not have a mechanism for
client auto proxy failover where if one fails, it tries another.

What API are you using? Can you please share some of your client code?

/jd

From: "akrystian@hush.com<mailto:akrystian@hush.com>" <akrystian@hush.com<mailto:akrystian@hush.com>>
Date: Thursday, September 4, 2014 at 3:35 AM
To: "user@jclouds.apache.org<mailto:user@jclouds.apache.org>" <user@jclouds.apache.org<mailto:user@jclouds.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: Jclouds OpenStack Swift

Hi All

I have question.

Does jClouds support switching between two proxies on the Swift cluster. If one proxy fails
the other should be used by jClouds to connect to Swift.

I found only solution with dns or load balancer (external) but I don't want add another element
to infrastructure (sophisticated load balancing isn't needed).

Currently I'm using amazon api to connect to openstack swift.

Thanks for any reply.
Regards, Krystian