jclouds-user mailing list archives

From Adrian Cole <adrian.f.c...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: #767 - Creating multiple spot instances fails. Status polling too frequent?
Date Fri, 21 Nov 2014 15:53:51 GMT
sorry they are a bit indirect to track down!

   /**
    * @see org.jclouds.compute.config.ComputeServiceProperties#POLL_INITIAL_PERIOD
    */
   public static final long DEFAULT_PERIOD = 50l;
   /**
    * @see org.jclouds.compute.config.ComputeServiceProperties#POLL_MAX_PERIOD
    */
   public static final long DEFAULT_MAX_PERIOD = 1000l;

On Fri, Nov 21, 2014 at 6:02 AM, Yaron Rosenbaum
<yaron.rosenbaum@gmail.com> wrote:
> Adrian,
>
> Thank you!
> BTW. What are the defaults?
>
> (Y)
>
>> On Nov 20, 2014, at 6:08 PM, Adrian Cole <adrian.f.cole@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi, Yaron.
>>
>> I believe you are looking to override these two from
>> ComputeServiceProperties. Use ContextBuilder.overrides (or set java
>> system properties) to do so!
>>
>> Hope this helps,
>> -A
>>
>>   /**
>>    * Initial period between the ComputeService's node polls.
>> Subsequent periods increase exponentially
>>    * (based on the backoff factor) and become constant when the
>> maximum period is reached.
>>    * The unit is milliseconds.
>>    */
>>   public static final String POLL_INITIAL_PERIOD =
>> "jclouds.compute.poll-status.initial-period";
>>
>>   /**
>>    * Once the exponentially increasing period between ComputeService's node
>>    * polls has reached this maximum period, it remains at this value.
>>    * The unit is milliseconds.
>>    */
>>   public static final String POLL_MAX_PERIOD =
>> "jclouds.compute.poll-status.max-period";
>>

>> On Thu, Nov 20, 2014 at 12:42 AM, Yaron Rosenbaum
>> <yaron.rosenbaum@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Background:
>>>
>>> I am using jClouds to create and maintain a cluster. My cluster uses spot instances.
>>>
>>> As I understand it, jClouds is polling AWS to see whether the requested nodes
have been created.
>>> This polling, however, happens too frequently for AWS - which blocks these requests
returning an error.
>>> jClouds misinterprets this error as a failure to create, but leaves the spot
request - which is eventually fulfilled.