jclouds-user mailing list archives

From Vineet Saini <switchcod...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: AWS-EC2: Why are security groups & subnets mutually exclusive?
Date Mon, 17 Nov 2014 21:06:29 GMT
This is confusing little bit with Group and Security group. As VPC is like
a group, or more than just group. Also using creatInGroup duplicate that
purpose. Where as with AWS/EC2 it jsut add confusion.

In order to user VPC and Security group, you need to use subnet under the
VPC. That way you can create node in VPC/subnet with security group in that
VPC.

*template.getOptions().as(AWSEC2TemplateOptions.class).subnetId(subnetId).securityGroupIds(securityGroupIdArr);*

*Set<? extends NodeMetadata> nodes =
computeService.createNodesInGroup(GroupName, count, template);*