jclouds-user mailing list archives

From Raj <...@apache.org>
Subject Can we build a template using a set of nova networks and use neutron API to assign floating IPs?
Date Thu, 13 Nov 2014 14:23:49 GMT
Hi,

I am completely new to Jclouds. Please bare with me :)

We can build a template with a set of nova networks. Then when use that
template to create an instance, it will get one private IP per network. For
example, If I built my template with two nova networks, my instance will
get two private IP.

Then, I can somehow use the PortApi to get the port uuids of the above
created instance. If I have port uuid, then I can use 1.8.1 neutron API to
assign a floating IP to the port.

Is this a proper way? Or is there any better way to achieve this?

Looking forward to your comment on this.

Regards.

--
Rajkumar Rajaratnam
Committer & PMC Member, Apache Stratos