jclouds-user mailing list archives

From Zack Shoylev <zack.shoy...@RACKSPACE.COM>
Subject RE: assign a port on vm create?
Date Thu, 04 Dec 2014 01:13:45 GMT
Here is my suggestion.
Create a neutron network.
Create a subnet (you will be allocating fixed IPs from that subnet's CIDR range).
Create 8 ports on that subnet.
These ports should specify fixed ips.
These fixed ips should provide the subnet id and a fixed ip that is within the subnet range.

Then:
For each VM that you boot, you can provide a port uuid (when you boot with the nova API)
http://jclouds.apache.org/reference/javadoc/1.8.x/org/jclouds/openstack/nova/v2_0/domain/Network.Builder.html#portUuid(java.lang.String)
(It seems this is the part that you might be having trouble with).

Let me know if this works or if you are having issues getting it to work.

-Zack

________________________________
From: Andrea Turli [andrea.turli@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, November 30, 2014 12:08 PM
To: user@jclouds.apache.org
Subject: RE: assign a port on vm create?

Thx Dan for the details.

I think it is a specific question for Neutron support and I can't help you immediately on
it. Could you please file an issue on jira reporting pretty much the same description so that
we as community don't forget it again?

thanks,
Andrea

Il 30/nov/2014 00:57 "dan rusak" <merlinlabs@rseincorp.com<mailto:merlinlabs@rseincorp.com>>