jclouds-user mailing list archives

From Zack Shoylev <zack.shoy...@RACKSPACE.COM>
Subject RE: assign a port on vm create?
Date Fri, 05 Dec 2014 17:21:14 GMT
So this is the problem part as you have pointed out:

TemplateOptions to = templateOptions.as(NovaTemplateOptions.class)
                           .generateKeyPair(true)
                           .userData(userData.getBytes())
                           .autoAssignFloatingIp(true)
                           .networks(virgaNetID) //specified the virga net here to get ip
190... range
                           .floatingIpPoolNames("public")
                           .securityGroupNames("default") //force inherit of default http/icmpRULES
                           //TODO
                           //HOW to add http/icmp on the fly??????????????????????????????????
                           .runAsRoot(runAsRoot
                           ;

Instead of "TemplateOptions to" use "NovaTemplateOptions to "
You can instantiate those using the NovaTemplateOptions.Builder, in a way similar to this
example:
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-examples/blob/master/rackspace/src/main/java/org/jclouds/examples/rackspace/cloudservers/CreateServerWithKeyPair.java#L160

The builder has a novaNetworks method that can be used to set a Set of Network.
The Network's builder will allow you to set portUuid (provide the port id for the port you
created above).

The problem above is that TemplateOptions, unlike NovaTemplateOptions, do not provide access
to the Network type that would allow you to set port ids, which is something specific to Nova.

Let me know if this makes sense...

-Zack