jclouds-user mailing list archives

From Ignasi Barrera <n...@apache.org>
Subject Re: JClouds GCE Metadata no credentials
Date Fri, 20 Feb 2015 10:18:41 GMT
Unfortunately the GCE API does not return the node credentials (few
provider APIs do), so you won't be able to get them.

When using the ComputeService, jclouds persists the credentials for
each node it provisions in an internal credential store, so they can
be used later to bootstrap the nodes, but since you are creating the
instances manually, the credentials are not persisted.

What you can do is to configure the credentials when you create the
instance so you know them in advance. You can do that by configuring
the instance metadata the same way the GCE ComputeService
implementation does:
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-labs-google/blob/master/google-compute-engine/src/main/java/org/jclouds/googlecomputeengine/compute/GoogleComputeEngineServiceAdapter.java#L139-L143

HTH!

I.