jclouds-user mailing list archives

From Ignasi Barrera <ignasi.barr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: monitoring reboot status
Date Tue, 09 Jun 2015 08:50:52 GMT
Most of the cloud provider APIs will report a node as RUNNING when the
VM has been started. That does not mean that the operating system has
booted and all services are up & running and the instance is ready to
be used.

If you want to know when an instance ir ready, then I'd say your
strategy to wait for the port 22 to be open is a good way to go.