jclouds-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Phillips <andr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: GCE problem 'error: group'
Date Tue, 21 Jul 2015 15:52:23 GMT
Hi Jonathan

Glad we're getting a few steps further!

> Also, I am unclear where I would set the machine type,
> zone etc. in this example (if the example would allow
> that) - any advice would be gratefully received.

jclouds uses the concept of a "template" that describes your
requirements for the type of machine to boot. It'll then try to find an
available image type to match those requirements.

The compute-basics example uses a very simple, hard-coded template:

https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-examples/blob/master/compute-basics/src/main/java/org/jclouds/examples/compute/basics/MainApp.java#L146-L158

You can change the code in here to create a different, more specific
template. See the TemplateBuilder Javadoc [1] for details.

I'm afraid I can help that much with the credential error, except to
point out that the way jclouds tries to access the target machines in
the example is configured here:

https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-examples/blob/master/compute-basics/src/main/java/org/jclouds/examples/compute/basics/MainApp.java#L158

You may need to build your own AdminAccess object with different
settings. See the AdminAccess.Builder [2] Javadoc for details.

Regards

ap

[1]
https://jclouds.apache.org/reference/javadoc/1.9.x/org/jclouds/compute/domain/TemplateBuilder.html