jclouds-user mailing list archives

From Zack Shoylev <zack.shoy...@RACKSPACE.COM>
Subject Re: openstack affinity / antiaffinity in jcouds
Date Mon, 03 Aug 2015 10:50:09 GMT
We already have quite a few nova extensions implemented. The Instance Group Api Extension will
be implemented as just another extension.
I have added a JIRA here:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCLOUDS-980

The other nova extensions, as linked before, are here:

https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/tree/master/apis/openstack-nova/src/main/java/org/jclouds/openstack/nova/v2_0/extensions

It makes sense to implement the extension to be consistent with other extensions. The only
different thing I would recommend would be using autovalue with builders for the domain classes
and mock tests for the tests. Nova will have to be refactored to use these eventually anyways.

-Zack
From: Martin Eppel (meppel) <meppel@cisco.com>
Sent: Sunday, August 2, 2015 8:06 PM
To: user@jclouds.apache.org
Subject: RE: openstack affinity / antiaffinity in jcouds

Hi,

After digging somewhat deeper I realize, in order to support affinity / anti-affinity in openstack
 I would have to implement (as you are already pointed out) the "Compute API v2 extensions"
API (or at least portions of it). Do you have recommendations on how do this, how would this
 implementation coexist with "Compute API v2" or would it simply replace it or does it require
just to extend the current implementation (I don't have yet a complete picture on how jclouds
works) ? Would I have to worry about backward compatibility between  "Compute API v2 extensions"
API and "Compute API v2 " API (the API's seem to overlap) ?

Thanks

Martin

(my apologies for any redundant or novice questions)