jclouds-user mailing list archives

From Jeremy Glesner <jer...@bericotechnologies.com>
Subject Retrieving an S3 Object using Provider Specific APIs
Date Wed, 23 Sep 2015 22:28:13 GMT
Hello,

We're using jclouds 1.9.1 for working with S3.  I am new to jclouds, and
trying to get up to speed on the API. Apologize in advance for the newbie
questions.  Based on our use cases, which include assigning ACLs to
objects, it appears that I need to use the Provider specific APIs. However,
I'm struggling to make use of those.  The example on the jclouds site (
https://jclouds.apache.org/guides/aws/) refers to
context.getProviderSpecificContext().getApi(), while other examples on the
web point to RestContext, both of which appear to be deprecated. I've seen
some conversations about unwrap() replacing getProviderSpecificContext(),
but also seen references in the javadocs to using contextBuilder to
assemble APIs.  Would greatly appreciate being pointed in the right
direction.

Could you please provide, or point me to a current example that:
1. Demonstrates how to set up a S3Client and S3Object that leverages the
AWS S3 provider specific API,
2. Connects to an object via a "bucket" and "key",
3. Retrieves that Object ... recognizing that the Object was stored as a
byte[] payload,
4. Reconstitutes the byte[] from the payload object

I would *greatly* appreciate any help.

Thanks much,
Jeremy

Jeremy M Glesner