Hi Subhadip,

could you please paste a snippet of code of what you are trying to do?

is this basic test [1] similar to what you are doing?

Andrea

[1]: https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/blob/master/providers/softlayer/src/test/java/org/jclouds/softlayer/compute/SoftLayerComputeServiceContextLiveTest.java

On Wed, Sep 16, 2015 at 12:10 AM, Andrew Phillips <andrewp@apache.org> wrote:
Hi Subhadip

When I tried the same thing for SoftLayer, it's not working.

I have to wait approx 5 min till the vm is in RUNNING status to get
the nodeMetaDataSet response from CREATENODESINGROUP. Any suggestions?

I'm afraid I don't know enough about the details of the SoftLayer provider implementation to be able to give any immediate suggestions :-( Perhaps the API call is simply blocking for that amount of time (i.e. there's maybe no SSH calls going on)..?

I hope someone on the list with more knowledge of the SoftLayer provider is able to help!

Regards

ap