jclouds-user mailing list archives

From Ruben Rubio Rey <tk42...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: AzureComputeApi example
Date Sun, 18 Oct 2015 01:04:34 GMT
Hi Ignasi,

Thanks so much for your response. It has been very helpful. The hardest
thing was to get the authentication right, so for future references I would
like to send the following code instructios:

1 - Add azurecompute into the pom.xml
2 - Generate the certificate
<https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-labs/blob/master/azurecompute/README.md>
(will create the pem, cert, p12 files and the P12_EXPORT_PASSWORD)
3 - Upload to Azure portal (I used the old portal, I could not find the
option in the new one)
<https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-labs/blob/master/azurecompute/README.md>
4 - The following code will authenticate and get the Compute Service.

ComputeServiceContext context = ContextBuilder.newBuilder("azurecompute")
        .credentials("/path/to/azure.p12", "P12_EXPORT_PASSWORD")
        .endpoint("https://management.core.windows.net/6ac5048e-6e83-4c99-a1a8-YOUR-SUSBCRIPTION-ID")
        .modules(modules)
        .overrides(overrides)
        .buildView(ComputeServiceContext.class);
ComputeService computeService = context.getComputeService();

Thanks for guiding me into the right direction.

Regards,
Ruben