jclouds-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Phillips <andr...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Use JClouds to talk to non AWS cloud with S3 API
Date Sat, 30 Jan 2016 02:35:23 GMT
> I guess
> overrides.setProperty(PROPERTY_S3_SERVICE_PATH, "/services/Walrus");
> is not correct.
> Without it, it will throw exception.

Ah, OK. To confirm: are we calling a Walrus installation here?

Also, in your boto code snippet:

     def connect(self):
         self.connection = boto.connect_s3 (
             aws_access_key_id = self.access_key_id,
             aws_secret_access_key = self.secret_access_key,
             port = self.port,
             host= self.host,
             is_secure=False,
             calling_format=boto.s3.connection.OrdinaryCallingFormat()
         )

What are the values of "self.host" and "self.port"? I'm assuming they
are "myserver" and "8080", or so? In that case, boto should also be
looking for http://myserver:8080/julie, and not
http://myserver:8080/services/Walrus/julie, which the jclouds settings
are causing us to call.

Please see if you can make a successful HEAD Bucket call using cURL or
other web request generator:

http://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonS3/latest/API/RESTBucketHEAD.html

It will be much easier to determine the correct settings for jclouds
once we have an actual example of an HTTP request to your service that
is successful.

Regards

ap