jclouds-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Phillips <andr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Example - Cloudwatch Basics
Date Wed, 20 Jan 2016 20:37:12 GMT
Hi Wesley

> I'm starting studies with Apache jclouds. So, I plan to collect data
> from the vcpu and memory each instance of an OpenStack cloud. The
> example "CloudWatch-basics" available on GitHub can be used to
> OpenStack clouds? It seems that can only be used for EC2 clouds.

The CloudWatch implementation in jclouds is an API (see [1]), so in
principle it should be possible to point it an any endpoint the supports
the same operations, even if that endpoint is not provided by AWS.

 From what I can see (and the OpenStack experts on this list will have a
much more qualified opinion ;-)), the only component in the OpenStack
ecosystem that claims to be CloudWatch-compliant is Synaps [2], which is
in the category "Related projects".

Heat seems to have a "CloudWatch-like" interface [3], but that is only a
minimal implementation, so I'm not sure to what extent we would expect
that to work with jclouds.

Regards

ap

[1] http://jclouds.apache.org/start/concepts/