jclouds-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Phillips <andr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Group name not set for new nodes on EC2
Date Sat, 19 Mar 2016 16:58:54 GMT
>> Regarding the group name in the nodes, could you share the code you
>> use to build the template, including the template options?

Thanks for the additional details! More information on the resource
prefixing Ignasi was mentioning is here, by the way:

http://jclouds.apache.org/reference/javadoc/1.9.x/org/jclouds/compute/functions/GroupNamingConvention.html

Still, it seems we are short on documentation on where exactly this
prefixing is applied. For example, the documentation for
createSecurityGroup [1] does not mention this, even though from the code
[2] and what we've seen in this thread a prefix *is* being added.

In order to avoid this problem, would it make sense to recommend the
following pattern?

SecurityGroup sg = securityGroupExtension.createSecurityGroup("name",
region);

// get the name of the actually created item!!
String sgName = sg.getName();
EC2TemplateOptions o =
EC2TemplateOptions.Builder.securityGroups(sgName);

In other words, instead of assuming that the input parameter to
createSecurityGroup (or similar calls) can be used as-is, always use the
values of the resulting object?

Regards

ap

[1]