jclouds-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Phillips <andr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Group name not set for new nodes on EC2
Date Sun, 20 Mar 2016 12:31:07 GMT

On 2016-03-20 10:00, cen wrote:
> Agree with both statements. If there was documentation about this on
> createSecurityGroup I'd knew instantly what is going on. It could even
> be a generic statement that a certain method adheres to
> GroupNamingConvention.
>
> The pattern does not really match my use case because I create a single
> security group on first run and then re-use it for each new VM (that's
> why I hardcoded the name).

Ah, like that - in that case, I would imagine Ignasi's suggestion of
either setting the RESOURCENAME_PREFIX property, or going a step further
and actually overriding the naming convention "generator", might be the
right thing to do?

Then you *know* exactly what the resources will look like, and don't
have to save that information for reuse later.

Regards

ap