jclouds-user mailing list archives

From Zack Shoylev <zack.shoy...@RACKSPACE.COM>
Subject Re: Stream file to the OpenStack Swift
Date Tue, 13 Sep 2016 14:38:11 GMT
You should be able to write (for example) an Apache Tomcat web application that accepts a file
and then uploads it to Swift using jclouds.

I am not completely sure about the Tomcat part (receiving the file), but we have lots of examples
here: https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-examples

________________________________
From: Alexandr Porunov <alexandr.porunov@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, September 13, 2016 8:57 AM
To: user@jclouds.apache.org
Subject: Stream file to the OpenStack Swift

Hello,

I need to store very large files in the OpenStack Swift through the Java server.
The problem is that I don't need to store big files locally on the Java server. I don't need
them there. So, Java server has to act like a pipe. It has to accept an input stream from
the client and create an output stream to the OpenStack Swift Proxy after that it has to read
small parts of data from the input stream and send them to the output stream.

Can jclouds perform such acts?

Sincerely,
Alexandr