jclouds-user mailing list archives

From "Paya, Ashkan" <Ashkan.P...@dell.com>
Subject Re: Directory Name - 2.0.0-SNAPSHOT
Date Wed, 26 Oct 2016 16:05:33 GMT
Thank you for your response Andrew. So Im trying to construct the structure I mentioned earlier
and then perform the container listing on it using ListContainerOptions.Builder.recursive().
Here is the result from different providers:

* Filesystem:
	- blob-1
	- blob-2
	- dir/blob-3

* AWS-S3:
	- blob-1
	- blob-2
	- dir/
	- dir/blob-3

* Azureblob
	- blob-1
	- blob-2
	- dir
	- dir/blob-3

On a separate note, there is a discrepancy between aws and azure directories since we have
‘/‘ in the returned results of the former. This was not the case in 1.9.2.

Thank you,
Ashkan

On 10/25/16, 9:43 PM, "Andrew Gaul" <gaul@apache.org> wrote:

>[Moving to jclouds-user list]
>
>Can you provide the exact test case, including ListContainerOptions, and
>results from both the filesystem and s3 providers?  2.0 includes many
>changes to align the former with the latter.
>
>For what it is worth, directories are a jclouds fiction and something we
>deprecated in 2.0 and will remove in 2.1.  The new prefix and delimiter
>support in 2.0 matches how real providers work.
>
>On Wed, Oct 26, 2016 at 12:52:34AM +0000, Paya, Ashkan wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> When I create a directory within a container in Filesystem, blobstore.list() does
not show the directory name separately. For example, when I generate the following structure
and call blobstore.list, I do not get the ‘dir/‘ as a separate element: