jclouds-user mailing list archives

From Teo De Las Heras <teode...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: Example end-to-end walkthrough?
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2017 01:21:07 GMT
Thanks for all the help.  I'm trying to learn how to run a basic example that I can learn from
and build on, but my lack of knowledge of Maven is a pitfall.  All the examples use Maven
differently which makes it hard to learn from the examples.

The other challenge I'm having is that the compute-basics example is very different from the
azurecompute-arm example.  There are 102 java files which appear to be helper libraries.
I'm guessing I need those helper libraries, even for the compute-basics example?

Ignasi said "add the azure dependency to its pom.xml".  Not knowing Maven or what's required
to run computer-basics vs azurecompute-arm, I'm not sure what / how to do that.   The  dependencies
in azurecompute-arm don't refer to anything Azure specific.

I tried running the compute-basics example and specifying the provider as azurecompute-arm
but got the error that azurecompute-arm isn't an available provider (makes sense because ARM
is listed in the documentation as only being available in labs).  From what I saw in the azurecompute-arm
examples, the pom.xml there uses different groupID and artifactID (and points to ....-labs).

So, given the above, I tried copying the parent, artifactID, and properties from the azurecompute-arm
pom.xml to the compute-basics pom.xml but mvn install fails: Failed to execute goal org.basepom.maven:duplicate-finder-maven-plugin:1.1.1:check
(default) on project azurecompute-arm: Found duplicate classes/resources! -> [Help 1]