jclouds-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Gaul <g...@apache.org>
Subject Re: hgst hcp server returning 500 internal server error
Date Tue, 16 Oct 2018 06:17:30 GMT
On Thu, Sep 20, 2018 at 07:42:10PM -0000, john.calcote@gmail.com wrote:
> On 2018/09/16 05:19:15, john.calcote@gmail.com <john.calcote@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Hi Andrew,
> >
> > I know it's not your business to support HCP, but I'm hoping you've seen this sort
of thing in the past and know of a possible fix/work-around for it. I've got a little test
program that connects to an HGST HCP cloud server and sends a single file - no matter what
settings I use, I get back a 500 internal server error (with no error details, of course).
The configuration is an SSL connection using https and port 443. I had handshake fatal alerts
from the server when I ran it on windows, but moving my program to a RedHat 7.3 system got
me past the SSL connection issues. Now I just see that 500 internal server error when trying
to putBlob. Note that I do a removeBlob first, and that succeeds (though it's likely the blob
is not there). I've also tried several different content forms, including stream, string,
byte array, etc.

> > Do you know of any special configuration that must be used with HCP?
> >
> > (It might also interest you to know, if you don't already, that HCP returns an empty
entity on this error, which jclouds attempts to parse as XML with a SAX parser. This generates
a stack trace in the log. It's incidental, but you might want to try to do a little pre-checking
of the content before attempting to parse it with SAX. Just a thought.)

> > Thanks in advance,
> > John Calcote
> > Hammerspace, Inc.
> >
> Though we're still not sure, we believe these 500 errors are caused either by disk-full
or container-quota-full conditions.

Sorry for the late reply, but I have also heard users complain about 500
errors when overwriting existing blobs.  Apparently it can be configured
in a write-once manner.  Unfortunately I don't have any direct
experience with HGST.

--
Andrew Gaul
http://gaul.org/