jclouds-user mailing list archives

From John McDonnell <johnmcdonn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Custom Logging
Date Wed, 21 Nov 2018 23:50:28 GMT
Hi Ignasi,

Thanks for the reply.

So the requirement we have is that we need to log both the requests and the responses to both
a database table but also a file.  Additionally we would also need to hide passwords in any
requests (i.e. if we create an account on CloudStack we need to supply a password).

Previously we used a logging module here where by we logged each request or response (we did
the password hiding here also), into a database table.  The problem we have with using a class
that extends from org.jclouds.logging.BaseLogger we couldn't match requests to responses as
each request or response came in on its own to the logger to be logged.

Ultimately we want to bring more consistency, when reviewing request/response logs its very
hard to match them up when theres alot of traffic (we can communicate with multiple cloudstack
instances within a short space of time).  I came across logbook recently and was intrigued
but the more customisation it brings to logging, but was struggling to work out how to use
something like this with JClouds.  My best guess was to see if we could customise the rest
client used - to one supported by logbook.

[1]: https://github.com/zalando/logbook

Regards

John