jclouds-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Gaul <g...@apache.org>
Subject Re: aws s3 list objects v2
Date Fri, 04 Jan 2019 03:01:16 GMT
On Fri, Nov 30, 2018 at 09:53:31AM -0500, Justinus Menzel wrote:
> I've been playing around with s3proxy and jclouds and was wondering if
> there are any plans to support s3's list objects v2 call.
> https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonS3/latest/API/v2-RESTBucketGET.html
> Seems like some tools already rely on V2, for example the aws CLI command.

There are two parts to this; the S3Proxy front-end interpretation of
`continuation-token` and the jclouds back-end issuing of `list-type=2`.
The latter is easy to implement as an additional call in `S3Client`;
would you like to submit a pull request?  I suspect you really want the
former support, however.  Honestly I have read the documentation a few
times and do not understand the subtlety between v1 and v2 calls; these
look the same?

It looks like you implemented this but sent the pull request to the
wrong repository:

https://github.com/vyasa-analytics/s3proxy/pull/1

Could you send this to https://github.com/gaul/s3proxy ?

It is unfortunate that clients do not fail back from v2 to v1
automatically like some do for v4 to v2 authentication, but S3Proxy
should just add support for v2.

--
Andrew Gaul
http://gaul.org/