jclouds-user mailing list archives

From "Andrea Turli (apache.org)" <andreatu...@apache.org>
Subject Re: tokens and oauth
Date Fri, 18 Jan 2019 15:05:12 GMT
Hi John,

would this discussion help with your task?
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/51296465/manual-authentication-for-aws-ec2-api-in-jclouds-separating-token-acquisition

I think as Ignasi said it is important to know which API or provider
are you going to focus on?

On Fri, Jan 18, 2019 at 3:53 PM Ignasi Barrera <nacx@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Could you give us some more details? What API are you talking to? what jclouds provider
are you using?

> On Thu, 10 Jan 2019 at 19:19, john.calcote@gmail.com <john.calcote@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Andrew,
>>
>> I've been asked to look into converting our jclouds-based cloud client to use tokens
for authentication. The specific ask was to use OAuth tokens, but I think tokens in general
would be a good start. At the moment, we just use the root account access/secret keys to authenticate,
but this was never intended to be a long-term solution. We need a way to allowing our users
to limit the access of the credentials they supply to our application.

>> Can you please point me to some docs or examples that show how this is done? I don't
even know where to begin looking in jclouds java code for the right APIs.