jclouds-user mailing list archives

From bcliffor@systemsbiology.org <bclif...@systemsbiology.org>
Subject Does jcloud blobstore support "simple migration" from S3 to GCS?
Date Tue, 29 Jan 2019 01:10:29 GMT
Hi,

I'm trying to use "simple migration from S3 to GCS, as described in https://cloud.google.com/storage/docs/migrating
in the blobstore-basics example, but without success. I have successfully run blobstore-basics
by passing a service account and json key file name, but can't get the migration method to
work.
My understanding is that if migration supported, I should call blobstore-basics something
like:
java -jar target/blobstore-basics-jar-with-dependencies.jar aws-s3 <GOOG-ACCESS-KEY>
 <secret key> <container>
where GOOG-ACCESS_KEY and secret-key are  the Access Key and Secret as returned when following
the steps in the "Managing developer keys for a simple migration" section of the above page.

When I do that I get the following error output / stack dump:
Exception in thread "main" org.jclouds.rest.AuthorizationException: The AWS Access Key Id
you provided does not exist in our records.
        at org.jclouds.aws.handlers.ParseAWSErrorFromXmlContent.refineException(ParseAWSErrorFromXmlContent.java:122)
        at org.jclouds.s3.handlers.ParseS3ErrorFromXmlContent.refineException(ParseS3ErrorFromXmlContent.java:97)
        at org.jclouds.aws.handlers.ParseAWSErrorFromXmlContent.handleError(ParseAWSErrorFromXmlContent.java:89)
       :
       :
        at org.jclouds.examples.blobstore.basics.MainApp.main(MainApp.java:157)
Caused by: org.jclouds.aws.AWSResponseException: request GET https://blobstore-test-whc.s3.amazonaws.com/
HTTP/1.1 failed with code 403, error: AWSError....

It appears that the request is being sent to S3.amazonaws.com rather than to storage.googleapis.com.
My understanding is that one should pass s3-aws as the provider, but presumably somewhere
the GOOG-ACCESS-KEY should be a clue to instead send the request to GCS.

So, my question: Is this migration not implemented in blobstore or am I just calling the example
incorrectly?

Thanks