jena-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Dickinson <...@epimorphics.com>
Subject Re: Reasoners, Datasets, Models
Date Sat, 11 Dec 2010 00:26:51 GMT
On 10/12/10 23:14, Benson Margulies wrote:
> I want to make an InfModel that puts an inference engine on top of a
> TDB dataset so that inference happens over the set. If this isn't a
> nutty idea altogether,
Not nutty, but performance may not be great since the inference engine
makes many queries into the model, and going to disk is slow ...

> is there any way to do this without using the
> assembler?
Yes.

Model baseModel = ... yourTDBModel ...;
OntModel infModel = ModelFactory.createOntologyModel(
	OntModelSpec.OWL_MEM_MICRO_RULE_INF, 	// deductions in memory
	baseModel 				// axioms in TDB
);

Ian

Ian Dickinson                   Epimorphics Ltd, Bristol, UK
mailto:ian@epimorphics.com        http://www.epimorphics.com
cell: +44-7786-850536              landline: +44-1275-399069
Epimorphics Ltd.  is a limited company registered in England
(no. 7016688). Registered address: Court Lodge, 105 High St,
               Portishead, Bristol BS20 6PT, UK