jena-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Seaborne <andy.seabo...@epimorphics.com>
Subject Re: ARQ does not compile with Eclipse using JDK 1.6.x
Date Mon, 13 Dec 2010 16:21:56 GMT

On 13/12/10 15:58, Paolo Castagna wrote:
> FYI
>
> I have a machine with JDK 1.6.0_16 installed and when I checkout ARQ I see
> compile errors in Eclipse.
>
> "Access restriction: The field END_DOCUMENT from the type
> XMLStreamConstants
> is not accessible due to restriction on required library
> /opt/jdk1.6.0_16/jre/lib/rt.jar XMLInputStAX.java
> /ARQ/src/com/hp/hpl/jena/sparql/resultset line 306"

The issue is access to XMLStreamConstants in the rt.

Possible one of the Java6 access restriction on statics - I clean the
codebase of all internal use through synthetic static methods but there
isn't much that can be done for external calls, except find the
error/warning and turn it off.

The StAX API is defined by JSR-173 - I think 1.0.1 is the latest.

> .classpath says:
>
> <classpathentry kind="con"
> path="org.eclipse.jdt.launching.JRE_CONTAINER/org.eclipse.jdt.internal.debug.ui.launcher.StandardVMType/J2SE-1.5"/>
>

> But, I don't have JDK 1.5.x installed, so Eclipse is using JDK 1.6.0_16
> and I see the errors.
>
> Easy/quick to fix, is it just my problem or others have seen this?
>
> Also, this reminded me... Jena, ARQ, TDB, etc. do they require/assume
> JDK 1.5.x or 1.6.x?

1.5 currently.

I know of one user (of TDB) that currently has a 1.5 requirement (other
JVMs still offer 1.5 support).

> Paolo

	Andy