jena-dev mailing list archives

From Paolo Castagna <castagna.li...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Importing Maven Projects into Eclipse
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2011 07:51:04 GMT
Hi Andy

Andy Seaborne wrote:
> It's a temporary necessity while we get the POM structure for the first
> releases (minimal change to system structure) working, i.e. JenaTop is
> changing to get a system working.  It'll go away sometime, maybe soon.

Having a common parent pom for the all the Jena modules is not a bad idea.

The problems related to JenaTop are mainly caused by the fact that it has
not been released yet and therefore it is not present in Maven central.

When that happens, there should be no problems like the ones Rob is
experiencing and we have a place where we can put common stuff without
repeating it over and over across the different modules.

What are the advantages in removing JenaTop?

Paolo