jena-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Seaborne <a...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Towards Jena 3.9.0
Date Fri, 28 Sep 2018 10:44:10 GMT
More issues including a logging implementation.

Setting to "<scope>test" in the parent, then adding it as <scope>compile
  does not seem to work with some plugins.

On 27/09/18 17:40, Andy Seaborne wrote:
> FYI
>
> First attempt didn't work out.
>
> The apache-jena/lib/ didn't have slf4j-log4j or log4j jar files.
>
> This is because these are now "<optional>true" in the parent (JENA-1595)
> so apache-jena (the distribution) does not pick them up.

Misspoke.
JENA-1595 was going from "optional" to "<scope>test"

Setting to "<scope>test" in the parent, then adding it as <scope>compile
  does not seem to work with some plugins - even when dependency:tree
shows the jars to be :compile, they do not get included the combined war
file.  Maybe I haven't got the setting right but my current guess is
that inheritance and dependency interact, with inheritance overriding
dependency.  And "<scope>runtime" causes the shade plugin to crash with
an NPE.

At this point, I'll back out JENA-1595 and try to get something working
for the release that is safe, possibly with over some dependency
leakage.  After release, I can try other ways of managing the logging
for cmds/war/fulljar and also the tests at the moment they look like
they need time to validate.

     Andy