jena-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Seaborne <a...@seaborne.org>
Subject Towards Jena 3.9.0
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2018 10:54:06 GMT
Is targeting end of this month / early next OK for everyone?

This release would also remove the distributions of Fuseki1, and SDB.
They are still there, but not as zip files.

The build process may need tweaks to conform to the new requirement of
no MD5 and no SHA1 on /dist/jena as part of the ASF de-emphasising the
vulnerable SHA1 - MD5 is already not allowed.

I'm happy to RM this release (I can do it on $job time) or alternatively
help someone else do it for the first time.

One change I'd like to do is to reorganise the Fusek2 modules.
JENA-1597 PR #468. I don't know whether many people directly consume the
modules. (I nearly said no one would, then found one - it unpacks the
war file.)

This is to more cleanly separate the webapp/war file version and the
embedded version. I'd like to call them "full" and "main". For added
featuyre use, the "main" version is much easier to package and extend.

The new module structure would be:

* jena-fuseki-core : the servlets and registries

The full server:

* jena-fuseki-webapp : the web application: UI, admin
* jena-fuseki-war : package webapp as a WAR file.
* jena-fuseki-fulljar : package webapp as a standalone server

The main server:
* jena-fuseki-main : Current embedded/basic forms in one module.
* jena-fuseki-access : Graph access control (see JENA-1594)
* jena-fuseki-server : The main server as a combined shared jar.

Download:
* apache-jena-fuseki : the full server, standalone and war file
                        (unchanged).

The maven module name "jena-fuseki-server" is repurposed from shading
the webapp as par tof the dist building (proposed: "jena-fuseki-fulljar"
) to shading the "embedded/basic->main" server.

A new module is JENA-1594 / jena-fuseki-access - graph level access
control, only for the main server currently.

     Andy

Looking at tickets marked "resolved", those that seemed most notable:

JENA-1594
Provide per-graph access control in Fuseki
(needs documentation and ideally some wrapping to make it easier to use).

JENA-1593
Update Apache parent POM to v21

JENA-1585
Reorganize the Fuseki codebase to split the server engine classes from
the webapp classes

JENA-1573
Remove the jena-fuseki1 distribution

JENA-1571
Remove the jena-sdb distribution.

JENA-1481
Deleting dataset in Fuseki does not delete dataset permanently

JENA-868
Fuseki2: docker: Redirected ports lead to wrong URLs.