jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JMeter HTTP Mock Server
Date Fri, 11 Nov 2011 16:19:55 GMT
On 11 November 2011 15:18, Gerard Dougan <gerard.dougan@gmail.com> wrote:
> All,
>
> I have developed a HTTP mock server plugin for JMeter.  It gives test plan
> developers the ability to specify canned responses to predefined HTTP
> request scenarios.
>
> The company I currently work for provides telecoms software and the
> aforementioned component is used to carry out end to end integration
> testing of our product, where the mock server simulates a carriers network.
>
> I'm not sure if this is something which is a candidate for commit to JMeter
> but thought I would ask.

JMeter currently has a mirror server (useful for checking what was
sent to a server) and the HTTP Sampler supports reading from a file.

But these are quite simple-minded, so it might be worth enhancing
JMeter with additional capabilities.

Does the plugin rely on 3rd party libraries? Or is it all written in-house?

If it is a substantial amount of code, we would need a CLA and
possibly a code grant.