jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Philippe Mouawad <philippe.moua...@gmail.com>
Subject Question about 52128 and TransactionSampler
Date Sat, 03 Dec 2011 15:09:50 GMT
Hello,
I noticed while doing tests on issue, that response times were not the same
wether I checked in TransactionController the option :
- Include timer duration in generated sample

In my test I don't have any timers.

I get the following results for 3 users and 100 iterations:

   - No Pre/Post Processor and Option " Include timer duration in generated
   sample" checked => Average 4ms / transaction
   - One Pre/ and one Post Processor and Option " Include timer duration in
   generated sample" CHECKED => Average 13ms / transaction
   - One Pre/ and one Post Processor and Option " Include timer duration in
   generated sample" NOT CHECKED => Average 4ms / transaction

In fact option " Include timer duration in generated sample" should be
called " Include timer duration and pre-post processors in generated sample"
And I wonder if it wouldn't be better to make it unchecked by default,
because when checked you don't get the real sample response times.

--
Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.