jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Shmuel Krakower <shmul...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Issues 52673 / 52698 / 41545 / 52707 / 52502
Date Tue, 20 Mar 2012 19:09:31 GMT
Hi,
It sounds like you are doing good job over there with load testing.
I guess that this is not something most people will do (so many
preparations) and as you mentioned, it has at least one problem - sessions
are pre-created so it may not be completely the same as real life. But I
guess it isn't the most important.

One other thing I find problematic is that you cannot change the created
load. I.e. if you want to see how the system will handle twice of the
current load.. but I guess you can work around this..

Regarding your thoughts of allowing utilization of JMeter config elements
like cookies, I guess that another approach (which maybe others already
implemented?) will be to simply convert apache logs into jmeter
samplers(creating a jmx file) but I am not sure how jmeter will handle
thousands of samplers in one script.

Anyway, this is interesting topic.. maybe more related to the users list
and not dev...

Thanks for sharing.

Shmuel Krakower.