jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Miel Donkers <miel.donk...@codecentric.nl>
Subject JMS Publisher Properties (Bug 52810) and Object message
Date Sat, 17 Mar 2012 22:58:03 GMT
Hi JMeter developers,

I'm working at a client who uses JMeter for performance testing. Lately
they also started using JMeter for testing their JMS services, but two
features were missing; Object message from file and adding properties to a
JMS message from the JMS Publisher.

Now I was working on a solution for both of these issues, and this week I
wanted to contribute them both, until I discovered the JMS properties issue
is already (partially) done. See Bug report 5210. Looking at the code
though, my implementation fixes the JMS Properties for all messages, not
only text messages.

As this is the first time I'm contributing to JMeter (or Open Source in
general), I would like to know how to proceed. Should / can I merge both
solutions and provide a new patch? Or is there perhaps another solution?

Thanks!

Best regards,
Miel Donkers