jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: New Contributor
Date Mon, 16 Jul 2012 18:57:00 GMT
On 12 July 2012 09:46, Ravidev Gill <tigarocks@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Guys,

Sorry for the delay in responding.

> I have been following the mailing list for a while now, and have been using Jmeter for
last 6 years.

Quite a long time - there have been many changes over that period...

> In the past few years i have written quite a few plugins for jmeter and a framework for
reporting around it is are still in use at a few of our customers.

> I would like to contribute the plugins back to the Community, and would like to participate
more actively specifically on jmeter reporting enhancements.

We are always interested in plugins and enhancements.

> Could someone please provide commit rights? and or point me in the right direction ?

The ASF is a meritocracy.

People who contribute good quality patches, or new code, or help out
in other ways such as documentation and mailing list replies are
eligible to be invited to become a committer.

Unfortunately we don't have any JMeter-specific documentation on
becoming a committer.
Some other projects have produced some docs:

http://forrest.apache.org/committed.html
http://activemq.apache.org/becoming-a-committer.html
http://javaadventure.blogspot.ie/2012/07/do-you-want-to-become-maven-committer.html
[There is no JMeter school, but the first part of the document gives
some general advice]

You can probably find some more with a web search.