jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher Brind <ch...@brindysoft.com>
Subject HTTP with custom methods
Date Mon, 03 Sep 2012 13:51:42 GMT
Hi,

My current customer has a requirement to use JMeter for testing their web
application which uses custom HTTP methods beyond the list presented in the
HTTP sampler GUI.  To support this I have ended up forking JMeter and
implementing this in house.  I have been asked to see if the JMeter
community will accept the changes back in to the main source tree so that
my customer doesn't need to maintain the fork.

The changes are:

- If the HC4 implementation is selected set the JLabelledChoice for
"method" to editable
- Changed the ordering of reading and writing of the test element
properties (because being able to set the method text on the choice depends
on it being editable)
- Changed HTTPHC4Impl to create a new anonymous instance of HttpRequestBase
which simply passes through the entered method and URI

There did not appear to be any unit tests to update for this and the
existing unit tests still pass.

Please let me know if this is desirable and I will send through the diff.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Chris