jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HTTP with custom methods
Date Mon, 03 Sep 2012 15:13:11 GMT
On 3 September 2012 14:51, Christopher Brind <chris@brindysoft.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My current customer has a requirement to use JMeter for testing their web
> application which uses custom HTTP methods beyond the list presented in the
> HTTP sampler GUI.  To support this I have ended up forking JMeter and
> implementing this in house.  I have been asked to see if the JMeter
> community will accept the changes back in to the main source tree so that
> my customer doesn't need to maintain the fork.
>
> The changes are:
>
> - If the HC4 implementation is selected set the JLabelledChoice for
> "method" to editable
> - Changed the ordering of reading and writing of the test element
> properties (because being able to set the method text on the choice depends
> on it being editable)
> - Changed HTTPHC4Impl to create a new anonymous instance of HttpRequestBase
> which simply passes through the entered method and URI

I assume these new methods don't support body content?

> There did not appear to be any unit tests to update for this and the
> existing unit tests still pass.
>
> Please let me know if this is desirable and I will send through the diff.

Seems reasonable, but we would need to see the exact changes.

The best way to provide patches and and enhancement code is via the
issue tracker; JMeter uses Bugzilla for this.
So please create an account, and attach the patches (diff -u format
please). For new files, these can be plain source rather than diff
format.