jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: TCP Sampler - "Waiting for response" option and improving option UI
Date Wed, 05 Dec 2012 01:16:05 GMT
On 5 December 2012 00:50, Kurt Hong <kurt@uangel.com> wrote:
> Dear JMeter developers,
>
> How do you think about an addition of "Waiting  for response" option to TCP Sampler and
 TCP Sampler Config?

How would that work?
It's not clear to me how you would use the sampler.

> I think, in order to support some asynchronous communication test, that will be helpful.
>
> Also we need to improve checkbox options on TCP Sampler/Config as checkbox options on
TCP Config are meaningless at the moment. We have two options so far.
> - Change checkboxes to selectbox(none/true/false)
> - Change checkboxes to tri-state checkbox - do we have any plan for developing JMeterTriStateCheckBox?
Or shall I? Or just go selectbox for TCP Sampler?

> What do you think?

Please use separate messages for separate topics - otherwise the
thread quickly becomes impossible to follow.