jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svnpubsub and the JMeter site
Date Tue, 11 Dec 2012 22:39:38 GMT
On 11 December 2012 02:20, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10 December 2012 20:51, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I've created the URL
>>
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jmeter/site/
>>
>> for use as the source for the svnpubsub publication process.
>>
>> We can continue to use the existing process for generating JMeter docs
>> in the branches, and then use svnmucc to update the live site URL.
>>
>> The script I used to do this is very simple:
>>
>> --- site.txt (cut here) ---
>> rm
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jmeter/site
>>
>> cp
>> HEAD
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jmeter/branches/docs-2.8/docs
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jmeter/site
>> --- (cut here) ---
>>
>> And the command I used was:
>>
>> $ svnmucc -X site.txt -m"Update site to 2.8"
>>
>> [Sorry, I got the source URL wrong the first time round.
>> However, at least it shows how svnmucc updates of the site will look.]
>>
>> I have asked Infra to enable svnpubsub:

>> I think that's it, apart from updating the WIki instructions...
>
> Which I have now started to do.
>
> I now realise that I had forgotten that the api docs (Javadoc) were
> not part of SVN; we used to upload those separately.
>
> We'll either need to add them back to the branches/ tree, or I we
> could add them from a working copy by extending the svnmucc script.
>
> No time to try this now, but I think the following should work:
>
> --- site.txt (cut here) ---
> rm
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jmeter/site
>
> cp
> HEAD
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jmeter/branches/docs-2.8/docs
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jmeter/site
>
> put
> path-to-Javadoc
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jmeter/site/api
> --- (cut here) ---

I decided it would be better to add the Javadoc to the staging
directory (i.e. branches/docs-m.n/).
That way, it is an exact copy of what will be published, and reviewers
can check out docs/ locally to review the site.

I'm hopeful there might be a way to review the site directly from SVN
somehow and have asked infra about that.
Meanwhile the RM could check out the docs/ subtree under their
public_html directory - that would save others having to export the
tree.
[Note: infra are trying to avoid the need to give out shell access, so
that is only a short-term solution]