jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject TCPSampler TristateCheckBox implementation
Date Sat, 08 Dec 2012 14:30:43 GMT
I've committed an initial implementation of TCP Sampler with tristates
for close connection and no delay. Reuse connection still uses an
ordinary checkbox for comparison.

Note that noDelay was originally implemented to save both false and
true values; i.e. the boolProp would always be present.
This means the GUI will never display the indeterminate value when
reading existing test plans.

However, the new close connection setting was implemented to omit the
default value when saving to the JMX, so existing plans will show the
default (false) as indeterminate.
Also, the GUI will never show the default value for close connection -
it will always show indeterminate.

The effect is the same, but is quite confusing.
We could allow the GUI to show the default by ensuring that default
values are written to the JMX file (as with noDelay), but existing
test plans would still appear to change the setting.

So I think we need another solution, e.g. could we save indeterminate
values as some other JMX entry?
This would require changing how the properties are merged so that
indeterminate values are ignored.

This might also play better with TestBeans so I will have a look a bit later.

Meanwhile please have a look at how the TCP Sampler and TCP Config
elements look and behave and see if there are any other items that
could be improved.

Thanks!