jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Milamber <milam...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1511681 - in /jmeter/trunk: src/protocol/http/org/apache/jmeter/protocol/http/sampler/HTTPAbstractImpl.java xdocs/usermanual/component_reference.xml
Date Fri, 09 Aug 2013 09:43:50 GMT

Le 08/08/2013 20:43, sebb a ecrit :
> [snip]
> -    private static final String DEVICE_PREFIX = "/dev/";
> +    private static final String DEVICE_PREFIX = "/";

>>> Yes, that was deliberate. I changed the docs accordingly.
>>>
>>> You need to use /eth0.
>>
>> /eth0 don't works, but /ipv4/eth0 works.
> That should work - it works for me on Win/XP.
>
> Add some debug and see why it's not working.
>
>> Seems very complicated to find the good syntax (without read the docs or
>> with "IP source address" label only)
> Where else apart should it be described?
>
>> Why not use a regexp pattern to check IPv4 and IPv6 address? without a ipvX
>> prefix ?
> Not sure I understand.
>
>> And why not considering if the ipSource (as is) isn't a IP address (4/6),
>> and not is in the interface's list on host, then it's a hostname, else
>> return an error.
>> Therefore it's not necessary to have special prefix to fill the field.
> Two issues:
> - if the interface name is checked first, it will override the
> identical hostname, which could cause existing tests to fail (not all
> that likely, but possible)
> - if the name is not an interface, the check is unnecessary
>
> That's why I chose a prefix that cannot be present in a host name.

Ok, in this case, perhaps, a (better?) solution is to provide a combo
box to allow the user to choice the source address field.

With the combo box, the user could use the common / usual name for their
device (only eth0, wlan0, etc.), IP or hostname (short or fdqn)

Here a screenshot of HTTP Request with some improvements for reduce the
width screen size (font changes for the Optional panel and HTTP options)
+ the Src IP combo box.
http://www.milamberspace.net/img/http-request-src-addr.png

I can commit the UI changes for reduce the minimal width of the HTTP
Request's pane,
and if your are agree the changes to add the combo box? (please note,
the rename of Source IP address field)

>>> I thought it was awkard to use /dev/ipv6/eth0, so I collapsed the prefix
>>> to "/".

[snip]