jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From James Liang <jli...@andera.com>
Subject standard mechanism to extend the Test Script Recorder (jmeter proxy)
Date Sun, 17 Nov 2013 22:59:43 GMT
Hi all,

I know the Test Script Recorder can filter out certain requests using regular expression.
 However, I need to do more than that.

Currently, the HTTP(S) Test Script Recorder would capture all http traffic and add them to
the Recording Controller.  How do I add some post recording logic to the Test Script Recorder
to either modify or discard a captured request?  The post recording logic needs to examine
the responds and dynamically compute what to modify or to discard the request.  Is there a
standard mechanism for doing this?

The need to discard would also mean the post recording logic needs a mechanism to tell the
Test Script Recorder rather to keep or discard a request

If there isn't a good way to do this today, I'd like to look into enhancing jmeter with this
capability.  Any suggestion on where I should look in the code?  Note that the above is similar
to adding a BeanShell Preprocessor to a logic controller.  However, the HTTP(S) Test Script
Recorder is not a Logic Controller.

Thanks,
James