jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: standard mechanism to extend the Test Script Recorder (jmeter proxy)
Date Fri, 22 Nov 2013 20:15:13 GMT
On 17 November 2013 22:59, James Liang <jliang@andera.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> I know the Test Script Recorder can filter out certain requests using regular expression.
 However, I need to do more than that.

> Currently, the HTTP(S) Test Script Recorder would capture all http traffic and add them
to the Recording Controller.  How do I add some post recording logic to the Test Script Recorder
to either modify or discard a captured request?  The post recording logic needs to examine
the responds and dynamically compute what to modify or to discard the request.  Is there a
standard mechanism for doing this?

No, there is no standard way to do it.

> The need to discard would also mean the post recording logic needs a mechanism to tell
the Test Script Recorder rather to keep or discard a request

Or it could disable the request.

> If there isn't a good way to do this today, I'd like to look into enhancing jmeter with
this capability.  Any suggestion on where I should look in the code?  Note that the above
is similar to adding a BeanShell Preprocessor to a logic controller.  However, the HTTP(S)
Test Script Recorder is not a Logic Controller.

http://jmeter.apache.org/api/org/apache/jmeter/protocol/http/proxy/ProxyControl.html