jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From James Liang <jli...@andera.com>
Subject Debug PostProcessor output interfere with Regular Expression Extractor
Date Sun, 08 Dec 2013 19:11:12 GMT
Hi,

I've setup a Regular Expression Extractor to handle Main sample and sub-samples.  This is
necessary to handle any redirects.  I also added a Debug Postprocessor to help troubleshoot.
 Because the Debug PostProcessor automatically becomes a sub-sample of a samplers, the Regular
Expression Extractor automatically included the Debug PostProcessor output in the extraction!
 In this setup, the Regular Expression Extractor includes both the normal response from the
web server and debug info!

This bug has caused me more than a day to track down.

Couple of suggestions:

1)      Since the Debug PostProcessor is a special processor for debugging only, its output
should not have been included in the Regular Expression Extractor.

2)      It would be very helpful if the document on the Debug PostProcessor has a warning
on this serious side effect.

http://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/component_reference.html#Debug_PostProcessor

Thanks,
James Liang