jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Graphite Listener
Date Tue, 31 Dec 2013 18:45:43 GMT
On 31 December 2013 18:35, Vladimir Sitnikov
<sitnikov.vladimir@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>One of the weaknesses of JMeter is the lack of graphs and historization of
> these Graphs, Graphite listener is an answer to it.
>
> I fully agree there is a gap between measurements collection and
> processing/reporting.
> In our company there is a need of performance repository and we are
> weighting the options.
>
> I believe JMeter plugin-like interface between injector and performance
> repository would enable live monitoring of sytem under test.

Exactly. The JMeter architecture is designed to allow for easy
integration of 3rd party plugins.

> One can parse raw csv/xml results and upload for the analysis, however it
> is likely to create big latency gap between collection and the
> visualization.

Is that really a problem for most users?

> In general, I would love to see performance repository integration in
> JMeter itself or in JMeter-plugins.

That would be a sensible addition to JMeter to allow performance data
to be readily saved to an arbitrary repo.

> To be fair, I did not yet look into the proposed listener.
>
> It is not clear if commons-math (and other new dependencies) fits JMeter's
> needs.
> I do not think 1-5MiB download increase make any difference, however
> performance defects or concurrency problems do.

Also maintainability, testing, documentation etc.