jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Lück <mich...@lueckonline.net>
Subject TestBeans incompatible with 2.10 when using TextAreaEditor
Date Thu, 23 Jan 2014 09:29:04 GMT
I just tried to open a Testplan in 2.10 that worked fine in JMeter 2.9.
The loading is interrupted by an NPE because
org.apache.testbeans.gui.JSyntaxTextArea#setLanguage is called with null
value.

I figured out the the custom plugin (based on TestBean) was missing to call

p.setValue(TEXT_LANGUAGE, "xml")

after creating a property with TypeEditor.TextAreaEditor.

I'd suppose to add a null check in the mentioned method and throw an
IllegalArgumentException with a detailed error message, stating the the
developer of the plugin needs to add a line like the above to it's
BeanInfo class.

I would have done it already but wanted to ask if throwing an Exception
in that case is wanted if it's better to log a warning and take the
default (like in the case that the key isn't found in the
textarea.properties)

Regards,
Michael