jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Milamber <milam...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Testing JMeter against JDK 8 EA builds
Date Sun, 26 Jan 2014 10:43:54 GMT
Hello,

I've downloaded the Java 8 early access build for Linux 64bits.

I've made some simple tests with JMeter (2.12-SNAPSHOT) and try to build
JMeter with Java 8.

I've found these issues:

On JMeter startup, we have these warnings:

Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: ignoring option PermSize=64m;
support was removed in 8.0
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: ignoring option
MaxPermSize=128m; support was removed in 8.0

Meaning that Java 8 don't offer to define the permanent memory size?

On JMeter build:
compile-jorphan:
     [mkdir] Created dir: /home/milamber/temp/jmetertemp/build/jorphan
     [javac] Compiling 55 source files to
/home/milamber/temp/jmetertemp/build/jorphan
     [javac] warning: [options] bootstrap class path not set in
conjunction with -source 1.6
     [javac]
/home/milamber/temp/jmetertemp/src/jorphan/org/apache/jorphan/collections/HashTree.java:766:

error: name clash: replace(Object,Object) in HashTree and replace(K,V)
in Map have the same erasure, yet neither overrides the other
     [javac]     public void replace(Object currentKey, Object newKey) {
     [javac]                 ^
     [javac]   where K,V are type-variables:
     [javac]     K extends Object declared in interface Map
     [javac]     V extends Object declared in interface Map
     [javac]
/home/milamber/temp/jmetertemp/src/jorphan/org/apache/jorphan/collections/ListedHashTree.java:119:

error: name clash: replace(Object,Object) in ListedHashTree and
replace(K,V) in Map have the same erasure, yet neither overrides the other
     [javac]     public void replace(Object currentKey, Object newKey) {
     [javac]                 ^
     [javac]   where K,V are type-variables:
     [javac]     K extends Object declared in interface Map
     [javac]     V extends Object declared in interface Map
     [javac] Note:
/home/milamber/temp/jmetertemp/src/jorphan/org/apache/jorphan/gui/JLabeledChoice.java
uses unchecked or unsafe operations.
     [javac] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.
     [javac] 2 errors
     [javac] 1 warning

If I change the Object type to Map, I have new errors:

     [mkdir] Created dir: /home/milamber/temp/jmetertemp/build/core
     [javac] Compiling 366 source files to
/home/milamber/temp/jmetertemp/build/core
     [javac] warning: [options] bootstrap class path not set in
conjunction with -source 1.6
     [javac]
/home/milamber/temp/jmetertemp/src/core/org/apache/jmeter/JMeter.java:863:
error: incompatible types: TestElement cannot be converted to Map
     [javac]                                 tree.replace(item, rc);
     [javac]                                              ^
     [javac]
/home/milamber/temp/jmetertemp/src/core/org/apache/jmeter/JMeter.java:888:
error: incompatible types: JMeterTreeNode cannot be converted to Map
     [javac]                                 tree.replace(item, rc);
     [javac]                                              ^
     [javac]
/home/milamber/temp/jmetertemp/src/core/org/apache/jmeter/JMeter.java:895:
error: incompatible types: JMeterTreeNode cannot be converted to Map
     [javac]                         tree.replace(item, testElement);
     [javac]                                      ^
     [javac]
/home/milamber/temp/jmetertemp/src/core/org/apache/jmeter/engine/ConvertListeners.java:65:

error: incompatible types: Object cannot be converted to Map
     [javac]                         subTree.replace(item, wrapper);
     [javac]                                         ^
     [javac]
/home/milamber/temp/jmetertemp/src/core/org/apache/jmeter/engine/ConvertListeners.java:81:

error: incompatible types: Object cannot be converted to Map
     [javac]                         subTree.replace(item, wrap);
     [javac]                                         ^
     [javac]
/home/milamber/temp/jmetertemp/src/core/org/apache/jmeter/engine/ConvertListeners.java:84:

error: incompatible types: Object cannot be converted to Map
     [javac]                         subTree.replace(item, wrap);
     [javac]                                         ^
     [javac]
/home/milamber/temp/jmetertemp/src/core/org/apache/jmeter/engine/ConvertListeners.java:87:

error: incompatible types: Object cannot be converted to Map
     [javac]                         subTree.replace(item, wrap);
     [javac]                                         ^
     [javac]
/home/milamber/temp/jmetertemp/src/core/org/apache/jmeter/gui/action/Save.java:214:
error: incompatible types: JMeterTreeNode cannot be converted to Map
     [javac]             tree.replace(item, testElement);
     [javac]                          ^
     [javac] Note:
/home/milamber/temp/jmetertemp/src/core/org/apache/jmeter/save/CSVSaveService.java
uses or overrides a deprecated API.
     [javac] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
     [javac] Note: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations.
     [javac] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.
     [javac] Note: Some messages have been simplified; recompile with
-Xdiags:verbose to get full output
     [javac] 8 errors
     [javac] 1 warning

Where I can find the documentation on the changes about the error "name
clash"? What is the best way to fix this errors?

I will make other tests (load tests) with a JMeter builds with Java 6
and running on Java 8.

Milamber