jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Philippe Mouawad <philippe.moua...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Add an icon form Templates in toolbar
Date Sun, 31 Aug 2014 12:22:22 GMT
Hello,
I wonder if the current icon for Templates is the right one.

The first icon which was a kind of wizard seems to me maybe a better option
even if it's not really a wizard.
The current icon is kind of "unknown" in the mind of users I think which
does not encourage its usage.

Thoughts ?

Regards
Philippe

On Sun, Jul 14, 2013 at 12:52 AM, Milamber <milamber@apache.org> wrote:

> Le 13/07/2013 22:15, sebb a ecrit :

>>> Sincerely, I prefer the template icon after New icon. It's more
>>> user-friendly in my mind. New=>New test plan from scratch, Template=>New
>>> test(or merge) to help end / beginner user, Open=>Open a test plan that I
>>> create (I'm pass the first steps to use JMeter).
>>>
>>>  Unless there are plenty of templates for the user, they will likely
>> ignore the Template button very quickly..
>>

> The Template behavior is a new functionality of JMeter, I can't know if we
> will have a plenty of templates (I hope this).
> I would like commit with "New|Template|Open" in toolbar. If in future, the
> users brings some misunderstand on this order/toolbar, we can change easily
> the order.
>

> Milamber
>

>>  and we need to drop the New

dedicated button