jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Andrey Pokhilko <a...@ya.ru>
Subject Component adding hotkeys
Date Mon, 27 Apr 2015 10:26:04 GMT
Hi,

I have colleagues that do heavy JMeter scripting and they come with idea
to speed-up the process: have hotkeys to add JMeter components to test
plan. Using a hotkey eliminates the need to walk through context menus.
As always, Pareto principle states that 80% of a time people use 20% of
components, so small set of hotkeys would cover most of situations.

I have implemented this feature as Ctrl+0 .. Ctrl+9 hotkey set, with
components configurable through properties. Components are added as a
child of current position, if possible, or a sibling at the nearest
possible scope. I provided my colleagues with patched JMeter and they
found the feature working smoothly.

Pull request for easy review is here:
https://github.com/apache/jmeter/pull/16 , I will create bugzilla for
this when needed.

As always I ask if other committers support adding this into main JMeter
codebase or not.

Some notes/questions from my side:

  * Where is appropriate place in the docs to document this feature?
  * Are defaults good? What are most used JMeter components?
  * Is there a way to specify component names in properties instead of
    classes?
  * On my Linux Ctrl+9 does not work for some reason... I wonder if
    somebody knows why.

--
Andrey Pokhilko